The desire of most people is a fit and healthy body. But achieving this can prove to be harder than anticipated.
There is however a very old and reliable wellness system that is over 5,000 years that will help you achieve your desire to look and stay fit and healthy, this system is known as Ayurveda.
Here are seven Ayurvedic Secrets for losing weight.
- The Ideal Period Of Sleep Is Between 10pm And 6am
It must be said that our ancestors were always in harmony with the earth. They would wake up when the sun comes up and sleep hours after the sun goes down. It is advisable to sleep by 10pm and wake up by 6am by so doing you will stay healthy by allowing your body to rejuvenate itself as you shut down.
- Engage In Regular Exercise
Once you awake it important to workout for 45 to 60 minutes, by so doing you will shed weight and keep yourself healthy and fit as well. You should alternate between strenuous exercises and light workouts.
- Avoid Refined And Processed Foods
You need to avoid eating unhealthy foods. Processed and refined food will increase your calories, blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
They are difficult to digest and cause numerous health problems like excessive weight gain, diabetes and even cancer.
- Try And Consume Foods That Include All 6 Tastes In Each Meal
It’s important to ensure that in each meal you try to consume all 6 tastes including salty, sour, sweet, bitter, astringent and pungent.
- Sweet food is great for gaining energy and building muscles. Eat foods like meat, sweet fruits, nuts, whole grains, legumes and dairy.
- Sour foods help to cleanse the body of toxins and these include sour cream, citrus fruits and yogurt.
- Salty foods are great for digestion as well as for nutrient absorption they include fish, sea salt and ocean veggies.
- Pungent foods help to stimulate your metabolism and they include spices such as ginger, peppers, onions, cloves and mustard seeds.
- Bitter foods help to detoxify your body and these comprise of cacao, dark leafy veggies and coffee.
- Astringent foods help to reduce body heat, soothe inflammation and tone tissues. They include beans, grapes, pomegranate, green tea and garbanzo.
- Always Eat Your Biggest Meal At Noon
If you want to lose weight then you need to eat small meals at a time. However if you have to eat a large meal make sure it is eaten at noon when your body is still very active and the food is able to be properly digested. Never eat a large meal late in the night as this is a time when your body is less active and you won’t digest a heavy meal properly.
- You Should Try Sipping Yea Or Hot Water Throughout The Day
In Ayurveda hot water is referred to as a health elixir and they help to dissolve the toxins accumulated in the body due to both internal and external causes such as stress, anger, pesticide exposure, pollution and processed food consumption. The hot water you sip helps to melt these toxins that accumulate in your body.
- Engage In Meditation
It is believed that when you are highly stressed you release hormones which make it difficult for you to lose weight. It is important that if you want to lose weight you engage in 20 minutes of meditation daily to relieve stress and help you lose weight as a result particularly around your waistline. Just try to sit quietly, get your body relaxed and try to concentrate on your breathing. You should quiet your mind and in so doing your body will be relieved of stress and you will be set to lose weight.