Exercises tone and build body muscles. Any body part that you do not exercise and use for a long time will atrophy. When a person exercises, the calories are used and stored carbohydrates and lipids are converted to energy.
In the case of carbohydrates, the process, glycolysis, occurs breaking down glucose to lactate and pyruvate with ATP as the source of energy. For lipids, lipolysis occurs where the metabolism or breakdown of triglyceride, the storage form of fats, occurs to produce energy. How to lose belly fat is dependent upon the metabolism of foodstuffs. When the excess carbohydrates and fats are burned off through exercise, the abdominal area will be flat and smooth because there are no stored carbohydrates and lipids.
What exercises would be appropriate in helping eliminate belly fat?
1. Brisk walking – is one simple yet significant exercise to lose belly fat.
2. Jogging – jog in place every day or jog at the park for 30 minutes to 1 hour daily or thrice a week.
3. Swimming – perform several strokes in the pool everyday. This is good to burn off excess lipids and carbohydrates.
4. Bicycling – you can cycle around the park or in your neighborhood to burn off those calories and lose belly fat in the process.
5. All cardiovascular exercises involving the whole body with focus on the lower extremities.
The principle of exercising is to burn off excess calories so that nothing can be stored in the adipose tissue and the abdominal areas to form belly fat. In summary, live a healthy lifestyle by eating the right food, avoiding vices, sleeping well and exercising regularly.