Make spring entertaining easy with a midday buffet filled with do-ahead dishes.
About 155 cals, 1 g protein, 1 g carbs, 13 g fat (3 g sat), 190 mg sodium.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 thin slices carrot
- 24 capers, blotted dry
- Dill springs for garnish
- In 4-quart saucepan, place eggs and enough water to cover. Heat to boiling on high, cover with lid; remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Cool, then peel.
- Trim bottoms of eggs so they stand upright. Cut off top third of eggs, reserving egg white tops. Gently remove yolks; place in medium bowl. Mash with mayonnaise, Parmesan and mustard until smooth. Transfer to quart-size resealable plastic bag.
- Snip a small hole in corner of plastic bag. Pipe enough yolk mixture into each egg white to fill cavity and come about 1 inch above rim.
- Cut carrots into very small triangles. Stud yolks with capers for eyes and carrots for beaks. Top with egg white tops. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- To serve, line platter with dill. Arrange chicks carefully on top.
is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines under eyes, best eye creams, weight loss and fitness news. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music.